Repairing Delamination In MGIIc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a pair of Maggies that I'm going to replace the tweeter wiring. This isn't hard I have done this before. The question though is the mid/woofer voicecoil. It has some areas in the middle, around the tuning dots, that is lifting. I would rather not replace the entire voicecoil but spot fix those areas with the Gunn style of using contact cement. I have used the Gunn style for delam at the top and bottom of the coil "turns" with good results before. Does anybody have experience with this or see any problems with my idea?

I've fixed lifted spots on my MGIIIs with thinned contact cement, about 2 parts thinner(MEK I think; I just tried various solvents til I found one that worked) to 1 part contact cement - the stuff that comes in a 16 oz can, usually used for formica. Painted it on with a toothpick, wire and membrane. After it reached the tack stage, I pressed the wire down with my finger wrapped in plastic food wrap to insure it didn't stick to my finger. After about 30 minutes, I put another layer of the thinned cement on locally for reinforcement. That was about 5 years ago, and they're still working fine.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.