Has anybody here attempted to, or installed an Apogee planar bass

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was over At a friends house ....he was working on his Duetta Sig bass panels...to see if he could re-tune the panel...
what he had done was to pull off the top an bottem bars off....an pull the tuning bars monting screws out.....an got much better sound.....even better bass.....but the mid was what he loved...after haveing these speakers for years.....he an I were shocket to hear the big diff in sound this made.....ln looking at the bass ribbon....there was no gap...from the wood to the ribbon with the screws out....so we put the top an bottem bars back on ....not tite.....I must say.... some of the best sound I have ever heard out of any Apogee..
so i pull the screws out of my stages tuneing bar......same thing bass got much better.... but the mid vary good...an sweet sounding.....big diff for the better...musical bliss to my ears..........

I had always thought that is was vary hard to tune any of the Apogee bass panel..then screw down the monting bar!
this would change the tuneing point..an the sound..so what up with that??
Thanks for any an all info on Apogee ribbon speakers s.....

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.