Focal TD5 Beryllium or Raal 140-15D part of OB?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am going into a scary endeavor and just bought bought 2 pairs of Acoustic Elegance Dipole12 for open baffle speakers. I was going to use a large AMT(heil) tweeter at around 1500Hz such as Mundorf or Beyma. I was going to copy Hawthorne's or Spatial Audio speakers. I wanted to get a Magnepan 1.7s love the midrange but I wanted more dynamics and a bit of concert level dynamics. And as a fan of microdynamics and good midrange having owned Rogers LS6 replacing Seas tweeter with Hiquphon OW1 tweeters, Acoustats 2+2, Martin Logan CLS and Sota speakers with Focal inverted kevlar tweeters and mids. Yes Sota made speakers for a couple of years.

I am wondering if a Beryllium Focal and PHL mids(MTMs?) would be a step up? I would want the PHL mids to be opened in the back as dipole to match the Acoustic Elegance Dipole12s . I was going to do Raal Dipoles with SS18W mids but its seems nobody has ever done that in open baffle. Or should I do Raal with PHLs?

Yes my wife said enough is enough and this is it!!!! So help me so this better be good or more than good. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.