Planar Cell Phone Speakers Project start..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
lol yeah already did that! But with a little more of a sophisticated approach. I used the Glass Light Bulb Shroud off a chandelier!

Actually because of less resonance the glass cone works well (snake one when you get a chance!). But its important to also take a thin plastic lid from a medium sized soda cup.. Lay the lid / cupped-side down and place the phone speaker side up on the lid. This lid has the perfect volume to enhance your low tones!

;)

Looks like I have to rework..

Ok so far I've looked where I can and the alu wire I would need I cant find. With this problem I cant see being able to build this line lvl style of speaker.

If I could cut this .0003" foil to .009" wide for 3' accurately I could still do it. I would have to make a thin foil cutting tool to do this properly. A Mill would be in order for this I used to have these machines.

I will continue to work at this problem until I can figure out the high resistance voice trace situation...

sreten's approach is the way left now.

Because my system is a separate set of stereo speakers this approach does open a can of worms of its own though:

* Wifi to cut back on wires? (There would still be annoying wires)
* The added circuits will kill the Slim factor benefit of the prior approach.

I'm working on it. I'll leave it at this for now. Any idea's are welcome..

Getting closer...

Ok I have most of the components for the build. Have to get most things from China these days so it takes a while.

Pick shows where Im at and just about ready to build the first set.

Cell%20Phone%20Planar%20Speaker%20Components%20pic.jpg~original

Everything is super tiny or so thin I cant feel it. So I'm looking at some tricky work ahead. I used to be good at this sort of work but as I turned 55 these things are already a lot harder. ... You know that's what makes me do it!

I'm adding a fixed bass roll-off to this because I want a controlled excursion at higher output levels as this little amp can push pretty hard.

Once a set of these are finished I will start on a Bass Box that would work with the set of Planar's. I have an idea for making a low power box that will output relatively low bass even with your typical 2 incher cones. We'll see how that goes in a while. enjoy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.