new HTEC-coating

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am happy to announce that new HTEC coating is available.
Compared to the previous EC-coating, the transparency has been improved.

Applying HTEC coating is simple and straightforward.
Using a simple brush you will have a low mass coating: a single layer has a mass which equals around 1 micron of Mylar. (max)

The resistance is between 10exp8 and 10exp9 ohm (10exp9 = 1 giga-ohm) and is hardly affected by the humidity of air.

Please note that the shelf-life of the coatingfluid is limited. When stored in the fridge, it has to be used within 5 months. The exact expirationdate is on the package.

Kind regards,

Attachments

• foto htec coating EN.jpg
    foto htec coating EN.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 387
Last edited:
Is this coating compatible with Acoustats coatings and electronics? I am looking to repair (clean off failed coating and re-coat) a couple of acoustat panels.
Please advise.
Thanks.

Feel free to message me with product data/costs/where to acquire.

Is this coating compatible with Acoustats coatings and electronics? I am looking to repair (clean off failed coating and re-coat) a couple of acoustat panels.
Please advise.
Thanks.

Feel free to message me with product data/costs/where to acquire.

Hi,
For good adhesion, the mylar must be perfectly clean. The instuctionguide of the HTEC-coating tells you how to do this. However, in case of old (used) mylar films, I doubt if you can remove all the dirt. The adhesion on existing coatings is not tested. You will also add more mass as there are two coatings instead of one. You also may like to renew the high voltage connection with the coating. So for these reasons I do not recommend to put HTEC-coating on old (coated) mylar films, though I can understand you want to avoid the trouble of changing the mylar films.

For ordering you can send me a private message.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.