Krell KSA clone, Aleph J or AMB for Quad 57?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Bear, the power supply I used for the three amplifiers was as follows.
300va toroidal for each channel, 47,000uf 0.5ohm 47,000uf for each rail (8 caps in total )
The rail voltage was +-26volts. The Krell was modified to run from this lower than normal voltage, the other two were built taken the same care and using the same quality of components. Hope this clarifies matters

Bear, the power supply I used for the three amplifiers was as follows.
300va toroidal for each channel, 47,000uf 0.5ohm 47,000uf for each rail (8 caps in total )
The rail voltage was +-26volts. The Krell was modified to run from this lower than normal voltage, the other two were built taken the same care and using the same quality of components. Hope this clarifies matters

Joined 2005
Paid Member
I have the Krell KSA50 Clone, an Aleph 5 Clone, a Quicksilver 8417 Clone, a 1000ASP ICEPower based amp, and an F5 Clone, as well as ML CLS, Acoustat 2+2 and SPectra 11 ESLs.

The Krell KSA50 rules the roost, while the ICEPower and F5 are close. The ICEPower surprisingly does very well even tho the high capacitance of ESLs are not recommended...

But I do not have the Quads....

I had Quad 57's for many years, I used 2 amps. I started with a Dynaco stereo 70 and later changed to a pair of Mark Levinson ML-2's I didn't think the Quads could produce bass until I hooked up the Levinsons, Large scale pipe organ works are outstanding on them You may want to consider some of the class A amps in the 20 -25 watt range.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.