Carver Amazing - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Planars & Exotics

Planars & Exotics ESL's, planars, and alternative technologies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th July 2014, 03:34 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Carver Amazing

hi folks.
ive got carver amazings,60 inch one piece ribbon.ive just rebuilt one ribbon.now when I try to fix the top/front plate with magnet structure the bottom plate tries to pull it straight out your hand into the ribbon.ive replaced the ribbon for a second time now-does anyone know how this can be done.the magnetic force or the rear plate tries to pull the front structure together.any help would be most appreciated.
Old 24th July 2014, 04:33 PM   #2
tyu is offline tyu  United States
diyAudio Member

Go here an Search.....am gooogel all so theres a trick but i dont reminber...it tuff, good luck

CarverAudio.com • Index page
Old 24th July 2014, 08:39 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default carver ribbon

thank you.unfortunately I cant find it.anyone else out there know how to get the ribbon back together without wrecking the ribbon.
Old 24th July 2014, 10:27 PM   #4
tyu is offline tyu  United States
diyAudio Member

I just got this off the carver site.... i know your not here in the US.....but call this guy in Fl ..an he may help!
James Sauter
1803 W. 15th St.
Lehigh Acres, FL 33972
239-410-1622

NOTE: Due to some recent repairs, we must ask you NOT to try to repair these speakers on your own.
Do not remove the screws to take the ribbons apart. This can and HAS caused more damage in some cases. If additional damage has been done to the ribbons due to missing or damaged parts, addition fees may apply. Again, please do not take the ribbons apart prior to shipping them to us. Normal lead-time is 4-6 weeks.

Standard repair pricing does not cover Damage due to shipping, broken or missing parts. Repair pricing does include return shipping inside the 48 states. Additional shipping charges will apply to parts being shipped outside the 48 states.

Please email or txt us incoming tracking numbers when shipping items to us.
repairs@carveraudio.com
239-410-1622 txt
Drivers:
Price:
Carver:
Original
Loudspeakers
30-Inch Carver Ribbon Repair
x1 $240 ea. + SH $275.00 USD x2 $235 ea. + SH $515.00 USD x3 $230 ea. +SH $770.00 USD x4 $225 ea. + SH $990.00 USD
Carver:
Silver / AL-III
Loudspeakers
48-Inch Carver Ribbon Repair
x1 $425 ea. + SH $470.00 USD x2 $400 ea. + SH $890.00 USD
Carver:
Platinum
Loudspeakers
60-Inch Carver Ribbon Repair
x1 $470 ea. + SH $515.00 USD x2 $450 ea. +SH $990.00 USD
EMAIL: RIBBON REPAIR SUPPORT ONLY

PACKING INSTRUCTIONS:

Due to having received many ribbons damaged due to lack of appropriate packing,
we are posting photos of the CORRECT way to package your ribbons. We will not be responsible for damage during shipping. Do not skimp on packing materials.

1) Wrap your ribbons in 2-3″ thick of ((1″ BUBBLE)) bubble wrap, anything less will void your insurance. Make sure you have EXTRA bubble wrap hanging over the ends of the ribbon to act as cushioning for the ends of the ribbons, tape the ends closed very well. PROTECT THE CIRCUIT BOARDS!

2) Place the WELL PADDED ribbon in a box approx. 10″x10″ and completely fill all voids with shipping popcorn.

3) INSURE YOUR RIBBONS!!
They need to be insured as if they were LOST, and need to be replaced… a few have been lost over the years, and a new one costs much more than the repair price.
30″ ribbons should be insured for $400 ea.
48″ ribbons should be insured for $650 ea.
60″ ribbons should be insured for $750 ea.

Last edited by tyu; 24th July 2014 at 10:35 PM.
Old 30th July 2014, 05:59 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Hi Panelman, Where are you getting the replacement ribbons from? You have to build a jig for taking them apart and putting them together, to much chance of getting hurt or broken magnets, I have one apart right now that I need a ribbon for. Al
Old 30th July 2014, 08:44 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Default CARVER RIBBON

hi.
we are currently in the process of having new ribbon made.instead of using kapton we will be using mylar and aluminium foil,already made a jig to stretch the ribbon.i manage to take the ribbon apart easily but getting it back together might prove more of a challenge.one mistake ive noticed is that carver spray painted the ribbon metal plates and stuck the magnets to the painted surface-big mistake.all the magnets on my ribbon were loose-the glue had all dried out.we have stripped the painted surface-rear only and reglued all magnets back in place,theres no need for paint on the rear surface and only makes it more difficult for a good bond to the magnets.
Old 30th July 2014, 10:01 AM   #7
a.wayne is offline a.wayne  United States
Sin Bin

Expensive ribbons , nothing left for cameras .....

Hide this!Advertise here!