Bohlender Graebner RD75 with Acoustic Elegance Dipole15 Open baffle Project - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Planars & Exotics

Planars & Exotics ESL's, planars, and alternative technologies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th October 2013, 09:38 AM   #21
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavia View Post
Having heard the Enigma supertweeter demo at the Dagogo Audio show I think it is safe to say that there is something to the fact that ultra high audio frequencies do somehow add clarity and dimension to what we hear in normal recordings. Once you get cued into it the effect is subtle but definitely in the direction of being more real to life. There is also some research on our "perception" of frequencies out to 100kHz or so, that is not in the spectrum of normal "hearing". I wonder if this explains some of what people like in those Raal ribbons and others that extend way way up.
I think it has to do with the near perfect dispersion of the RAAL's above 15khz regardless of the axis. I have the 140-15D Dipoles and they changed the way I thing about 10khz+.

Hide this!Advertise here!