Martin Logan Aerius i HT Board Transformer Kaputt !? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Planars & Exotics

Planars & Exotics ESL's, planars, and alternative technologies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th September 2013, 10:04 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Martin Logan Aerius i HT Board Transformer Kaputt !?

hi folks,

New to the forum from Scotland and looking for some of your expertise

I have a fault on my ML Aerius i's which I have narrowed down to the HT board.
Doing a bit of measurement I think I have an open circuit transformer on the board.

Problem is where can I get a new or equivalent one in UK/EU ?

The Part No is 60T2706 but I can't find any despite trawling google for hours.

Any help much appreciated !

Last edited by alaneglinton; 18th September 2013 at 10:16 PM.
Old 18th September 2013, 11:55 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to JonSnell Electronic
This may be the only answer;
https://www.martinlogan.com/support/contact.php
Old 19th September 2013, 12:44 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaneglinton View Post
Doing a bit of measurement I think I have an open circuit transformer on the board.
...The Part No is 60T2706 but I can't find any despite trawling google for hours.
Andersonix had an open secondary on one of the HV transformers for his SL3s.
He was able to get a replacement directly from Martin Logan for $16 + shipping.
I believe the transformer part number is the same as yours.
ML SL3 intermittent bias supply problem

As already suggested, your best bet is probably going to be contact ML support to see how cheaply they can ship you one.
Or, perhaps, they can put you in contact with a service center across that pond that could sell you one.
Old 20th September 2013, 12:48 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

thanks for the info and suggestions.

Have contacted ML who have given me the UK agent details and they are the same supplier that quoted 300 for one HT board.
I have contacted them and hopefully they can supply the part rather than the whole board.

Will report back on progress.
Old 22nd September 2013, 11:19 PM   #5
diceman is offline diceman  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Does antone know if there is any difference between Aerius & Aerius i HT boards?

The reason I ask is I have a couple of aerius ht boards if the OP gets stuck I may consider selling.

Alan Pm me if of interest and I can pull the speaker apart and take a picture of the board.
Old 23rd September 2013, 10:50 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

If ML in USA will let you buy one $16 transformer and ship to the UK (doubtful, because of their foreign dealership agreements), then you should buy two (at least). If the UK agent is too stubborn (or greedy) to sell you just the transformer, then I would suggest asking someone here in the US to relay an order for you. (I can't do it myself as I am going abroad soon.)

In the meantime, you can temporarily power both bias supplies from the same transformer with a long cable.
Old 25th September 2013, 09:09 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diceman View Post
Does antone know if there is any difference between Aerius & Aerius i HT boards?

The reason I ask is I have a couple of aerius ht boards if the OP gets stuck I may consider selling.

Alan Pm me if of interest and I can pull the speaker apart and take a picture of the board.
Thanks for the offer, my board item no is MLPS-103 rev h
Old 25th September 2013, 09:14 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andersonix View Post
If ML in USA will let you buy one $16 transformer and ship to the UK (doubtful, because of their foreign dealership agreements), then you should buy two (at least). If the UK agent is too stubborn (or greedy) to sell you just the transformer, then I would suggest asking someone here in the US to relay an order for you. (I can't do it myself as I am going abroad soon.)

In the meantime, you can temporarily power both bias supplies from the same transformer with a long cable.
thanks for the info...
I am trying to source officially from ML right now, but if I need to maybe a kindly forum member could help - good call!
Old 26th September 2013, 06:48 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Looks like ML UK won't help at component level (but they will sell me the whole board at $480 !!)
ML USA can't supply to the UK due to international dealership rules etc so I need to find some kindly person in the US to order and ship to me !!

Unless of course there is an equivalent of the transformer that is more commonly available ?
Old 26th September 2013, 09:46 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaneglinton View Post
I need to find some kindly person in the US to order and ship to me !!
Have you double-checked that the transformer is indeed the only problem by hooking up the output of the HV transformer from the other speaker supply as Andersonix suggested in post #6? If so, send me PM and I can handle the order/shipping for you.

Quote:
Unless of course there is an equivalent of the transformer that is more commonly available ?
We had no luck trying to find an equivalent transformer for Andersonix when his failed.
It's a pretty specialized part. Perhaps somebody with better Googling skills...

Hide this!Advertise here!