Closed-Loop Amplification with Driver Cone Position Fedback

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
the problem with such photo-sensors would probabely be to achieve a sufficient dynamic range -or, the other way round- sufficient resolution.
This is true, one must be concerned with resolution. But I have seen some recent data that seems to suggest that these photoresistors are quite linear for the middle 90% of their range. This is why I proposed an overlapping array of 2 or more columns/rows. This should help to average out the nonlinearities and provide increased resolution.

Light has some nice qualities (light weight, fast...) and easy to speculate about using it. But the complexities of controlling it in a highly linear fashion (linear enough to reduce the distortion of a driver) and tied perfectly to the motion of a vibrating piece of cardboard that can move an inch in-and-out, are very great.

Ben

CharlieLaub

CdS photoresistor detectors are too slow...35mS typical rise time or more.

Had an idea last year...wedge sliding across an OPT101

PHOTO DIODE SIZE: 0.090 x 0.090 inch

Enough light and a fast bandwidth...low gain.

Have not tried it yet...need to find my micrometer for measurement.

It is on the list.

:)

Attachments

• OPTIC-SUB-FEEDBACK.JPG
    OPTIC-SUB-FEEDBACK.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.