ESL Panel Efficiency - First Build - Page 10 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Planars & Exotics

Planars & Exotics ESL's, planars, and alternative technologies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th April 2013, 07:36 PM   #91
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentoronto View Post
I suppose it is hopeless to be able to calibrate, dial-in, and re-dial-in output voltages with a pot controlling the DC drive voltage? HV ladders and ESLs just aren't stable like that. Alternatively, I could make a hard-wired 1000:1 divider and measure output voltage with a DVM whenever I felt like it.
Sure, the output voltage can be marked on the dial that adjusts the DC voltage input to the module. The output increases linearly and repeatable, so it is easily set once the dial has been marked. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the EMCO modules were built using a similar circuit to the CCFL module followed by a built in multiplier section.
Old 28th April 2013, 08:39 PM   #92
diyAudio Member

Those are neat little modules Bolsrest!!

Adapting a feedback regulation circuit like I used would be a breeze if it were to be so desired.

I get a very stable regulated output of 1kv out per .5v of control voltage input with my circuit.
It appears that, that module could drop right in replacing my whole HV generating stage before the multipliers.

Great Find!!!!

Cheers!!
jer
Old 11th December 2013, 10:38 AM   #93
Calvin is offline Calvin  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hi,

if You want to DIY, have a look at Zetex DesignNote DN55 "A high efficiency Royer driver for a Scanner CCFL".

jauu
Calvin
Old 11th December 2013, 11:33 AM   #94
Calvin is offline Calvin  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hi,

btw. Pollin, a german company selling loads of cheap stuff and leftover always has some interesting CCFLs on offer, like this one CCFL_Inverter_TDK_TBD281NR_3 for just 2,95€

jauu
Calvin
Old 11th December 2013, 07:15 PM   #95
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
Pollin, a german company selling loads of cheap stuff and leftover always has some interesting CCFLs on offer, like this one CCFL_Inverter_TDK_TBD281NR_3 for just 2,95€
Nice Price
Looking at the extra components on the board, this is most likely a dimmable inverter. Make sure you can get the datasheet so you know how to control it. Some dimmable inverters require a digital or PWM control input to operate. Others require just a simple analog control input.

With a little inspection, you should be able to bypass all the control circuitry and hook power straight to the Royer inverter section.
Old 11th December 2013, 09:32 PM   #96
WrineX is offline WrineX  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

CCFL-Röhre mit Inverter, 355 mm - Lichttechnik / Leuchtmittel - Leuchtmittel - Sonstige - Pollin Electronic

ad ur cascade te the red and white... done (maybe with a small resistor)
even has a casing and some high voltage wires 2.50

Hide this!Advertise here!