ESL's for VST piano reproduction - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Planars & Exotics

Planars & Exotics ESL's, planars, and alternative technologies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th November 2012, 10:01 AM   #31
diyAudio Member

It's my hobby it's what I do, I do not expect anything, just enjoy building it. But I am usually very happy with the sound depending on the source amp and speakers. I could spend hours just tuning my amp to get better sound, with different music sources amps and speaker. Everything changes as you play different music, sources, amps and speakers. Being happy with what you have built is the best reward you can ask for.!! After all this is a DIY Forum when all is said and done, and you don't have to be a so called expert to enjoy it. We can't all be electronic engineers can we? It's all about thinking and trying and enjoying the process and the final results of your endeavours. Keep building everyone. Power to DIY.
Old 20th November 2012, 10:25 AM   #32
diyAudio Member

Fished first location of magnets 2 more to go, then fitting and building the diaphragms, putting the legs on and hooking up my amp. Playing some solo piano music, sitting back and enjoying the wonderful experience. Whether or not it follows completely the experience of listening to a real piano on the back row or the front row or the sides or in the Gods.The beauty of the music and the soloist is all that matters to me. I enjoy all types of music thro' my system. As I have said before it all depends on the recording, the source, the Amp, the room the position of speakers the floorboards the height of the ceiling, the size of the room, your location, the temperature etc, etc.To get everything correct is impossible unless you spend an absolute fortune on your overall systems, and all the different impossible parameters, this would require. So stop moaning and enjoy what you have!

Hide this!Advertise here!