Unbalanced

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a pair of X speakers on servos. Servos are rebuilt, basic Analogue upgrade, new caps ect. One panel was clearly louder than the other and required compensation with the balance pot on my preamp until I discovered that the panels in the weaker channel were damaged (large holes in the membrane). I replaced the panels with used panels that were from a newer set of speakers and now that channel is louder than the original loud channel? Can older panels have weaker output than newer ones? The panels I replaced were from a model three, where the X panels were original and show a little more age (dirt ect).

Any thoughts?

I may try washing the older panels to see if there is any difference. There is no difference in the wires with exception to age, the X panels look older and may not hold a charge as well? I have some 5 wire panels I will try to wire in and see what happens.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.