has anybody here heard/experienced these: Haarustat- omni-polar electrostats - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Planars & Exotics

Planars & Exotics ESL's, planars, and alternative technologies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th October 2012, 01:32 PM   #1
DeonC is offline DeonC  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Default Has anybody here heard/experienced these: Haarustat- omni-polar electrostats

Hi guys

I found these on the web a while ago. They are called Haarustat and are omni-polar electrostats. They are made in Germany I think (the website is in German). I have very little knowledge of German, so I am not able to tell you much about them. From what I can gather they could be wave-bending in nature, but I am not sure about that. What I do know is that they come in three sizes, namely a 26cm (10.24'') tall unit, a 96cm (37.8'') tall unit and a 174cm (68.8'') tall unit. They seem to be meant for the DIY market as far as I can figure, and they look really interesting to me. Anyone have any experience or thoughts?

Enjoy,
Deon

Haarustat website (in German)

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by DeonC; 11th October 2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old 14th October 2012, 05:15 AM   #2
beun is offline beun  United States
diyAudio Member

Information is not very clear lot's of talk but little concrete information, it's indeed German and they look to be flat panels with wire stators. My guess is that the round speakers shown in the pictures are just a wrappers, I don't think the actual speaker is round.
The frequency response has a rather pronounced peak in the bass indicates the panel has no segmentation. Hints about that are in the text where the beaming is discussed and considered good.
They are indeed available as DIY components although the price list seems to be last updated in 2007.
Old 14th October 2012, 02:35 PM   #3
Calvin is offline Calvin  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hi,

the text reads, that the panels are of the flat, segmented wire stator type.
The "Tube"s are tubular casings with wooden top and bottom plates. Surface finish is acoustic cloth available in 37 colors.
From the dimension table it seems that the wire used for the stators is - or is similar to- H07VU single wire, PVC insulated wire, a industry standard.
They seem to share many constructional details with the Audiostatics.
As such they probabely share the goodies and badies of such kind of (rather small) FR-ESL panels, as easy driveability, equalizability, small dynamic range and low efficiency.

jauu
Calvin

Hide this!Advertise here!