TPL150 DIY

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I didn't try to apply it on the sides, since I can't really see hov this would dampen the resonance, which I assume is present on all foldings.

I tried to dampen in both ends and in the middle of the diaghpram. In the end the damping also didn't bring much, only when Aplied in the middle. unfortunatly it also brings more weight and gives a roll off in the high octave.

So my conclusion with the TPL is that it can only be used above 1800Hz.

Another option is to look at the Mundorf AMT Pro series, as far as I remember the FS is low and the distortion figures good too.

Since there is also interest in Aurum Cantus...

Some experiments with ESS and AC diaphragms in DIY motors in this thread:
An information roundup for larger AMTs

A few measurements of an actual 30130 from that thread:

AC301301M10msKBnosmoothing.gif

AC30130HD.gif

AC30130CSD.gif

Thanks for the links.

The graphs that Paul posted were the ones I had seen (but only briefly). I mainly had in mind the distortion levels compared to the Beyma. Since F2 is close to -40 dB at 1 kHz I thought that this wasn't so impressive compared to some cheap 2" drivers. But I hadn't looked at the SPL or such. The Hobby HiFi result does look good. Interesting.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.