Acoustat Servo Wiring - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Planars & Exotics

Planars & Exotics ESL's, planars, and alternative technologies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th September 2012, 08:22 PM   #1
lpd is offline lpd  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default Acoustat Servo Wiring

I have a pair of rebuilt servo amps that I plugged into my speakers last night with troubling results. I had a tech do a basic upgrade via Analogue Associates. First off weak output and distortion when volume is turned up. Second a tube on left front turned into a fireworks show.

I'm wondering if I put the wrong wires into the wrong jacks on the amp. How do I know which wire goes where? Mine were colored different off of the speakers to accommodate a custom interface used with them. The amps have light blue, red and yellow input jacks how do I determine what wire from the speaker panels go into each jack? Thanks
Old 25th September 2012, 02:55 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Red connector should lead to the membrane, Blue to front stators, Yellow to rear stators. See attached, hope this helps. What speakers are you using?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Servo schematic2.pdf (138.9 KB, 40 views)
Old 25th September 2012, 05:21 AM   #3
lpd is offline lpd  Canada
diyAudio Member

I figured out the wiring. One amp works but won't go back into standby mode the other no sound red plate tubes nearest the transformers.

Hide this!Advertise here!