Diy AMT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I will try to get a roll of 9/12 my alu/polyester(mylar), print the pattern with a laserprinter,and etch it.
Aluminium Polyester Laminates | Flexible Films

I have made a new model:
URL]

It measures and sound nice :
URL]

Bernt.

Get in touch with Michael at Mike Woodhouse - Free Flight Supplies.

He has:
LIGHTWEIGHT COVERING MATERIALS, MYLAR COVERING MATERIAL/FOIL:

5 micron aluminised, 1/4 mil, 6.8 gms. per sq. metre, 7.5 metres x 315 mm wide, £5.00 plus post

10 micron aluminised, 1/2 mil, 13.6 gms. per sq. metre, 7.5 metres x 315 mm wide, £5.00 plus post

15 micron aluminised, 3/4 mil, 20.4 gms. per sq. metre, 7.5 metres x 315 mm wide, £5.00 plus post

The aluminium is very thin, so I would go for the 15 micron film. But even then you might have to have the aluminium strips in a parallell fashion.

Resistance in aluminised mylar is too high.

Measurements dont show the hole truth.
I cant cross my latest model:(3 pcs. vertical) lower than 1khz.
I have made a "horn" from 80mm foam tube and it still don´t play low freq.
This one is much better:
URL]

I do not use enough time to listen to my different models.
But I still like my 2 pcs. vert. model playing in my living room above 1khz. in a 3way system.

Bernt

Hello, took months reading and trying to understand, I'm so not knowing english, I hope the google translator reflect what I will describe;? Graphene ò if made would improve the molybdenite is invention? I say that already manufacturing capacitors reference purposes and new batteries with graphene and apparently dramatic improvement is apparently graphene is diamagnetic and my meager apparently can increase the speed of the membranes reducing mass and weight, what are you thoughts about this idea ?

Greetings to all.

Last edited:
Hello Bernt,

Perhaps this is another easier and probably lighter way to design an AMT diaphragm... These guys are using Graphene as conductors. This will be the thinner way to trace conductors whatever the design !

Here you have a few links to this method...

http://arxiv.org/pdf/1303.2391v1.pdf

Robert Murray-Smith - YouTube

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/304668

My Best,

I have seen some of theese videoes ,but how do we handle the graphene after fabrication .Is it liquid or powder?

Bernt

It will be some time before we will be able to get graphene sheets of significant size, I'm afraid.

I was reading one of the Beyma research papers about the TPL-150, once again. It seems that they use 12 um Kapton with side-by-side 6 um copper traces. Experimenting with my 24 um Kapton + adhesive, I've found that it does thermoset fairly well, but the silicone glue is tough to cleanly dissolve (with white spirits) without disturbing the Al traces. I have to mechanically pick at it too much. It looks like the 3m 74 tape glue is dissolved more easily.

I think that Beyma's laminate is adhesiveless. I've seen 12 um + Cu Kapton laminate advertised by several producers but can't see where it can be bought in small enough quantities for our purposes.

Thanks for the link solhaga. The spirits that I tried definitely dissolved the glue but not as quickly as I would like. Can you try the white benzene on your kapton and let me know how quickly the glue comes off vs the rubber adhesive on the polyester tape?

I won't buy anything extra until I've moved back to Australia in 3 weeks time. The waiting is annoying, but at least I get to play around here and there and watch your progress.

As far as etching goes, I'm curious to try a sort of stamp for shielding the traces. Cable ties have the right dimensions. With something slightly soft under the tape+Al I think that you could etch fairly sharp lines.

I have just recived a sample of 12my alu on 12my mylar. athe alu is not coated on one side
and can be etched.
I have tried to print with a laserprinter:
URL]

alu/paper is taped to a sheat of foto paper.I did not clean the alu before printing.The "ink" pattern can easy be damaged.

Bernt

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.