Diy AMT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
aha so you laminated paper with the new tape then onto the cutting mat, cut everything then apply spray glueto the PVDC >? looking good btw!

or did you sray glue the paper onto the alu tape, then cut. and removed backing and stuck it to the PVDC with the acrylic that is on the aluminum tape ?

Last edited:
Forget about laminated paper yet.
I took my cutting mat , placed my new alu tape ,alu down, cut with the silhouette, removed leftovers, removed the lining, (non stick paper) ,took the PVDC on a acrylic plate with a little water on.Placed the plate with the PVDC on top of the cutting mat.

Just folded and glued the ends with non acid silicone ,
80mm_dobb_m_retur1.JPG
[/url][/IMG]
Drawing was not perfect, but I can make a test later. Needs one more" turn ".

Bernt

Last edited:
this is the latest measurement:
dobb_soft_80x8mm.JPG
[/url][/IMG]
looking good.
Res. freq. 149Hz.
This is a very fragile diaphragm!!!!!!!!

Bernt

Thanks for the explanation ! nice to see its less complicated then i thought :). i like the method of the watering. i used water and tiny bit of soap when i laminated kapton to alu. but putting both substrate on a plate is even a beter idea, to prevent bubbles. will try that in the near future when i need to make something like that again.

And that looks awesome , i can imagine its rather fragile :) with only the bare PVDC holding all hinges :) at the same time the reason you can get that low of course.

the impedance does look less smooth. might be some resonances here and there. but the proof is in the pudding looking forward!

I am wondwring how to calculate it. Usually a driver i round but in this case it is a long ribbon.

Any driver will still have a surface area. And that is what will be calculated with Hornresp.

It will not be able to calculate a rectangular driver as set on a rectangular horn.

But you can still make a horn that will create a useful lift on the response of a planar driver.

Set the Eg to zero volts and you will be modeling a perfect loss less driver and the horns effects only.

From there you can get a pretty good idea of the possible effects a horn will make on the response of the driver.

Any driver will still have a surface area. And that is what will be calculated with Hornresp.

It will not be able to calculate a rectangular driver as set on a rectangular horn.

But you can still make a horn that will create a useful lift on the response of a planar driver.

Set the Eg to zero volts and you will be modeling a perfect loss less driver and the horns effects only.

From there you can get a pretty good idea of the possible effects a horn will make on the response of the driver.

:)

Attachments

• HORNRESP.png
    HORNRESP.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 282
  • oh-please-tell-me-more.jpg
    oh-please-tell-me-more.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 282
You missed the simple point.

You can calculate the hon profile as you have shown.

As far as I know the program calculates the sound source as a circular plane wave.

So there will be effects due to reflection within the rectangluar horn that are not going to show up.

The best way to get around this would be to work with a square profile planar and a square profile horn.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.