Diy AMT - Page 30 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Planars & Exotics

Planars & Exotics ESL's, planars, and alternative technologies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st May 2013, 05:01 PM   #291
diyAudio Member

Hello, took months reading and trying to understand, I'm so not knowing english, I hope the google translator reflect what I will describe;? Graphene ò if made would improve the molybdenite is invention? I say that already manufacturing capacitors reference purposes and new batteries with graphene and apparently dramatic improvement is apparently graphene is diamagnetic and my meager apparently can increase the speed of the membranes reducing mass and weight, what are you thoughts about this idea ?

Greetings to all.

Last edited by Manubx; 31st May 2013 at 05:17 PM.
Old 31st May 2013, 05:15 PM   #292
Account disabled at member's request

I use only copper and not aluminum in my diaphragms...
Aluminum are too much affected by the magnetic field...
Old 1st June 2013, 06:41 PM   #293
ondesx is offline ondesx  France
diyAudio Member

Hi RayCtech

I hope you will soon let us see some of your babies !...

What are the frequency range of some of them ?

My Best,
Old 1st June 2013, 09:48 PM   #294
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ondesx View Post
Hello Bernt,

Perhaps this is another easier and probably lighter way to design an AMT diaphragm... These guys are using Graphene as conductors. This will be the thinner way to trace conductors whatever the design !

Here you have a few links to this method...

http://arxiv.org/pdf/1303.2391v1.pdf

Robert Murray-Smith - YouTube

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/304668

My Best,
I have seen some of theese videoes ,but how do we handle the graphene after fabrication .Is it liquid or powder?

Bernt
Old 4th June 2013, 09:23 AM   #295
ondesx is offline ondesx  France
diyAudio Member

It seems it's a sheet of material made of a simple layer (this is why it's so light...). Here you have more info and perhaps... a sample available !

Graphene Industries -> What is graphene?
Old 4th June 2013, 12:33 PM   #296
diyAudio Member

It will be some time before we will be able to get graphene sheets of significant size, I'm afraid.

I was reading one of the Beyma research papers about the TPL-150, once again. It seems that they use 12 um Kapton with side-by-side 6 um copper traces. Experimenting with my 24 um Kapton + adhesive, I've found that it does thermoset fairly well, but the silicone glue is tough to cleanly dissolve (with white spirits) without disturbing the Al traces. I have to mechanically pick at it too much. It looks like the 3m 74 tape glue is dissolved more easily.

I think that Beyma's laminate is adhesiveless. I've seen 12 um + Cu Kapton laminate advertised by several producers but can't see where it can be bought in small enough quantities for our purposes.
Old 4th June 2013, 01:30 PM   #297
solhaga is offline solhaga  Sweden
diyAudio Member

You should use white benzene.
Old 4th June 2013, 04:07 PM   #298
solhaga is offline solhaga  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Heptane adhesive remover
Old 5th June 2013, 06:39 PM   #299
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the link solhaga. The spirits that I tried definitely dissolved the glue but not as quickly as I would like. Can you try the white benzene on your kapton and let me know how quickly the glue comes off vs the rubber adhesive on the polyester tape?

I won't buy anything extra until I've moved back to Australia in 3 weeks time. The waiting is annoying, but at least I get to play around here and there and watch your progress.

As far as etching goes, I'm curious to try a sort of stamp for shielding the traces. Cable ties have the right dimensions. With something slightly soft under the tape+Al I think that you could etch fairly sharp lines.
Old 6th June 2013, 06:29 PM   #300
diyAudio Member

I have just recived a sample of 12my alu on 12my mylar. athe alu is not coated on one side
and can be etched.
I have tried to print with a laserprinter:
[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]
alu/paper is taped to a sheat of foto paper.I did not clean the alu before printing.The "ink" pattern can easy be damaged.

Bernt

Hide this!Advertise here!