Diy AMT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The FPX7 is pretty slick, actually. For an 'all in one' package ('plug 'n play'? *L*), it's well thought out, esp. the on-board DSP for the xover. Allows for some active eq...

Wish I could have had those raw speakers for the revamp of my vehicle stereo. Mobile AMT heaven... ;)

Will be available in early spring.

Will not have to wait forever!

*L* Well, then...maybe I was lucky by default. Still, not a bad idea if it could be pulled off properly. Devil in the details as usual, ignore at your peril. ;)

Maybe this is why some studios are generating things that are reminiscent of Klingon opera. Perhaps the FPX7's can be employed by the CIA or NSA as a means of 'information extraction'....

"Tell us what you know or we'll play some more 'music'. The mirror will show you what your swelling head already knows...."

(I've obviously missed my Calling in Life...*evil G*)

OK...back on topic...enough hilarity... ;)

7x32x160_2x80_60gr_paper_10my_alu_pvdc.JPG
[/url][/IMG]
Just tested this:7mmdeep 2x80mm. 10my alu ,60-80gr/m2 copy paper, pvdc.

res freq. 315 Hz.
Sounds good by the way.

Bernt

This could be a way too.
I thought res. freq. would be lower,and i think I figured out why it is not.
As i change the depth from 7 to 10mm. ,I enlarge my drawing. this way the "hinge" is wider too (the PVDC in the traces)
Will try to cut 30my adhesive alufoil in a double layer.

Bernt

I am testing the cutting of 40my alutape.
I have some 50mm wide.
It is easy to cut the coil.
Have to find some 100mm wide alutape 30 or 40 my with liner.

Bernt

masking shop has up to 100mm i think but its 40 micron , it does have a liner. although alu tape should not be that hard to find in big sizes compared to small sizes :)

Bandsei if i understand correct, only where the coil is there is 80grams paper as well? so not in the hinges. why can the PVDC hold shape now ? thought the hinges wanted to bulge out and touch each other? (this problem i had with the kapton )

Last edited:
Yes I used the Silhouette cutter.
Settings were : thickness 20,speed 4, knive 3.
But it was easy to cut. No fidling with the settings.
Yes it has a liner. Easy to remove after cutting.
The alu tape is from biltema. No waxing.
Glue is a acrylic art.Not possibly to remove With white benzen.
I have ordered a roll of 100mm tape. 40my alu.

Bernt

Paper was not in the "hinges"
The masking shop has alu tape up to 250mm wide.The Masking Shop - Aluminium Foil Tape
Foil and paper glued together. Then cut ,and then glued to the PVDC.
It bulges a bit,Most in the 10 mm version with wider trace.

Bernt

aha nice :) to the PVDC is doing the hinging :) to bad you really need the cutting machine to make this laminate. damn that thing is useful :)

did you lose any output since its heavy compared to before ?

Yes I used the Silhouette cutter.
Settings were : thickness 20,speed 4, knive 3.
But it was easy to cut. No fidling with the settings.
Yes it has a liner. Easy to remove after cutting.
The alu tape is from biltema. No waxing.
Glue is a acrylic art.Not possibly to remove With white benzen.
I have ordered a roll of 100mm tape. 40my alu.

Bernt

Thanks! I have a roll of that tape but for other uses.

I was wondering if one couldn't make a liner out of bare aluminium foil and paper sprayed with the 74 spray.
14 µm aluminium foil is then a strong candidate.

Got my 100mm roll 45meters.
DSC03060.JPG
[/url][/IMG]
DSC03061.JPG
[/url][/IMG]
DSC03062.JPG
[/url][/IMG]
It is quite easy to work it.
I made my own alu/paper with 10my household alu and copy paper.
Place the alu on a moist plexi glass plate ,spray it ,and place the paper on it.
I have just cut 1mm traces .
Output from the alu, copy paper,and PVDC is not much lower.

Bernt

Last edited:
hmm i dont quite get how you do it..

do you first make a laminate of the paper and alu? then cut it in the machine. on a cutting mat? then stretch pvdc on a sort of jig and spray the alu paper and lay the wrinkle free PVDC on top of it?

what is the transparant thing i see under the cutted foil and how did it end up there ?

you did not use the adhesive aluminum tape in this build?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.