running two apogee stages from single amp? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Planars & Exotics

Planars & Exotics ESL's, planars, and alternative technologies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd February 2012, 11:16 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default running two apogee stages from single amp?

hi
i am purchasing a second pair of apogee stage speakers and want to fun them in stacked formation.
i want to run two speakers from one amp-its a Muse M300 giving 300w into 8ohms and 500 into 4
i need to keep the impedance as high as possible so dont want just to parallel them.
so how best to do that?
i am thinking -option1
put the woofers panels in series,also put the tweeters in series,and run both in parallel,hopefully this would give roughly the same impedance as a single speaker.
option2-put the woofer panels in series but omit the crossover on the second speaker,do the same with the tweeters,and again run both in parallel

the stages are run as satellites from a high pass filter on an active subwoofer a muse model18

insights appreciated

Hide this!Advertise here!