ribbon tweeters and martin logan cls - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Planars & Exotics

Planars & Exotics ESL's, planars, and alternative technologies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th December 2011, 03:05 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default ribbon tweeters and martin logan cls

Has anyone integrated a ribbon tweeter with Martin Logan CLS 's. What crossover frequency was used ? Was the electrostats rolled off? I used a Ribbon Tweeter with Quad ESl 57's with just a cap at 8kz.
Old 11th December 2011, 11:03 PM   #2
ktuuri is offline ktuuri  Canada
diyAudio Member

I use Ribbons from Maggie 3.3 in a separate frame with my Acoustat's X.
I use them as a Super tweeter and bring them in at around 8900kz.
I tried them at about 7500kz with no luck and was disapointed. 8900kz was magic, really, really sweet. Tempory setup used an L-pad and I used a Forte Model 4a on the ribbons.
My system is down right now and in storage, should be back up and sounding great next summer. I sure misssssss it!!!! :O( :O(

My Computer was trashed in the move, I'm hopeing my big hard drive is alright, you might find some pics of them on AA under user name benie
Old 14th December 2011, 08:22 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default Ribbons for ML Prodigy

I have the Prodigys and always thought they rolled off above 10k. I had considered adding an ess amt but could not envision how or where to place it that would have WAF approval. What ribbons are you suggesting?My Maggie MG12s had the same problem so I credit Magnepan for adding a super tweeter to the 1.7 and Im sure it will flow into their other speakers. ML has not grasp this concept yet. I of course dont want to mess up teh holographic image the prodigy throws in the vocal range

Hide this!Advertise here!