How to build an AMT?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would like to build an AMT driver that can cover 200-20000hz. I have acces to a good metal shop where i can build all the metal parts, and i don't expect it to be perfect. I just want to experiment a little with this technology.

Any good starting points?
The main concern is the diaphragm. I don't what materal to use, nor how should i fold it.

it will need to be a BIG diaphragm to cover the low end of that range effectively, with very shallow folds to provide decent top end.

do a search on this site, there is a ton of info about building your own AMT's / Heils, I've described how I made mine somewhere in this section.
I would like to do things a little differently if i did it again but I am happy with what I have for the moment.

Nick.

it will need to be a BIG diaphragm to cover the low end of that range effectively, with very shallow folds to provide decent top end.

do a search on this site, there is a ton of info about building your own AMT's / Heils, I've described how I made mine somewhere in this section.
I would like to do things a little differently if i did it again but I am happy with what I have for the moment.

Nick.

I'm checking your photos now :D.
Thank you!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.