ESS Heil Diaphragms

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi boris81 - sad to say you need the other part that cost $350. ESS Heil Air Motion Transformer AMT Tweeter

The good news is that they already come with the diaphragm included. Sooooooooooo if you spend $700 bucks you will save $160. Try that logic of how much you are saving on SWMBO - mine does that to me all the time and I figure payback is a good thing. :joker:

BTW - should you actually be foolish enough to try that line on SWMBO I completely disavow any knowledge of the idea and I don't know you - I don't know nuthing - and I didn't do it!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Joined 2006
Paid Member
ah OK.. it sounded too good to be true.
I was hoping the rest might not be hard to DIY.

Well - some strong magnets and a frame to hold things together and you might have something. I always thought about doing something like that but seeing as I already have a pair of AMT1's that I use I keep coming up with other projects - of which there is a backlog to catch up on already......:rolleyes:

The diaphragm is the hard item to make IMHO.
You can drown the guy in magnetic flux by using a bunch of neodymium magnets and a wood frame to hold them and the diaphragm.
If you have metal working equipment, you can get perforated steel square or round perforations, and roll a bead around the edge so when you bolted them together with the diaphragm in the middle it will stand off a wee bit from the pleats. Then you can glue magnets onto it leaving some holes open - else no sound will get through.
I would do that except I have too many projects, and the heils i got work fine. If anything the tweeter needs to be muzzled a bit. Dropping the diaphragm in 5X the magnetic flux could make you deaf ...

Cool.
Srinath.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.