Acoustat Answer Man is here - Page 19 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Planars & Exotics

Planars & Exotics ESL's, planars, and alternative technologies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th December 2011, 02:03 PM   #181
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom66 View Post
Hi
Anyone know if there are drawings of the Acoustat X,Monitor 3/4 frames available anywhere?
Thanks
Andrew
Hi Atom66 you may download owners manual - service manual - schematic - brochures - and more info HERE

Acoustat
Old 5th December 2011, 02:15 PM   #182
Atom66 is offline Atom66  Canada
diyAudio Member

Hi
Already tried there . Not on that site or the CD of Acoustat info they offer
Thanks
Andrew
Old 5th December 2011, 02:20 PM   #183
diyAudio Member

Having owned a pair of X'x, I can tell you that they were not very sturdy. Seemed to resonate quite a bit. I would not duplicate them, but design something more rigid. The outer panels were at a slight angle to the center on the 3 panel model. Regards
Old 5th December 2011, 05:23 PM   #184
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom66 View Post
Hi
Anyone know if there are drawings of the Acoustat X,Monitor 3/4 frames available anywhere?
Thanks
Andrew
To the best of my knowledge, there are no drawings available for any of the frames except for the Spectra series. And the only reason they exist is 'cause I drew 'em in Autocad, and saved copies when I left Acoustat. They are on the Acoustat CD available from the Audiocircuit.

Acoustat wasn't real big on documentation, and it's possible that drawings never did exist for the early frames. Or if they did, they were discarded when the models went out-of-production. When I joined Acoustat (at the point of acquisition by the David Hafler Co) I tried to create good documentation for the new models that we built. The surviving documentation for the earlier models is mostly limited to the owner's manuals.
Old 6th December 2011, 05:36 PM   #185
diyAudio Member

Hello, all

I am planning a system using a Cogent Research SPI that requires 4 identical loudspeakers arrayed in front of the listener at 30 degrees separation. I have 2 Acoustat Model 4 donor speakers, and because of ceiling height reasons, can't construct 4 1+1s from them. So my questions to the group are these: should I just build a set of 4 Model 1 full-range clones, or go for a double wide Model 2 lay out? Also, the only interfaces I have are a set of 4 from a pair Model 6s, a pair from the 4s (non-Medallion) and a pair from some 1+1s (blue Medallion) -- which interfaces do you recommend? I will be using stereo subs below 80-100 Hz or so and have 7 channels of 100W amplification.

My primary goal is precise imaging. My room is 17' x 22' with (unfortunately) 94" ceilings and the speakers will be arrayed in such a way that they face one of the longer walls.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

BTW, I listen mostly to 50s-60s jazz, some classical symphony and chamber group.
Old 6th December 2011, 08:22 PM   #186
diyAudio Member

For anyone interested, here is the patent for the SPI: Optimal sonic separator and multi-channel forward imaging system
Old 6th December 2011, 10:18 PM   #187
diyAudio Member

I'll try to post pics and dimensions of two bare Model 3 frames i have sitting here.
Old 7th December 2011, 12:42 PM   #188
tyu is offline tyu  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Acoustat panels

I have had the Xs with the stock sevos tube amps1,2,3,4,1+1,2+2s....1100,4400...the 6600 in a big room...WOW!.. Have had 20-9" panels over the years An just pulled out the tranfourmers 4bias..5 T1 4T2....the 2+2 with the Apogee hi-mid Ribbions...an i will say the the M3...or 3,9" panels work the best in any room an i think sound best with the 121 a,b,c interface....ezeer to drive,great bass...all round full rang ESL sound...can be Full rich an sweet... I think the 3s let you see what Acoustats sound like.... Here a older pr M3s....an look at these NEW 6600at the fac...Other well fill diff..
Just my 2cent
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1252457705[1].jpg (18.5 KB, 328 views)
File Type: jpg 1252458072[1].jpg (26.6 KB, 316 views)
File Type: jpg 941-ACO-Factory_Tour-P-B15[1].jpg (6.4 KB, 298 views)
Old 7th December 2011, 01:00 PM   #189
Atom66 is offline Atom66  Canada
diyAudio Member

Thanks that would help a great deal.
Andrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracer5 View Post
I'll try to post pics and dimensions of two bare Model 3 frames i have sitting here.
Old 7th December 2011, 04:39 PM   #190
diyAudio Member

Default Another mod

monday november 28th my friend Jocelyn is at my home to replace the capacitors in my Acoustat's, 4 Audience Auricaps 5000v will be replacing my older ASC's, after about 50 hours of playing time i am very satisfied with the result, smoother & more detailed highs also more body in the bass.

Hide this!Advertise here!