Help with schematic ESL drawing? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Planars & Exotics

Planars & Exotics ESL's, planars, and alternative technologies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st October 2010, 03:50 PM   #1
markusA is offline markusA  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Default Help with schematic ESL drawing?

I've contacted a major powder coat paint manufacturer to try and find a good coating, yes yes... I know it's overkill but I'm doing it because I'm interested and wanting to learn.

Anywho, they asked me for a techincal drawing showing the stators that are to be painted and their place in the design.
So, is there anyone with some nice shematic drawings of an ESL who would be willing to share?
Or someone who could help me out with a drawing?
I don't know anything about computer aided deign?
Old 21st October 2010, 11:37 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markusG View Post
I've contacted a major powder coat paint manufacturer to try and find a good coating, yes yes... I know it's overki[/LIST]ll but I'm doing it because I'm interested and wanting to learn.

Anywho, they asked me for a techincal drawing showing the stators that are to be painted and their place in the design.
So, is there anyone with some nice shematic drawings of an ESL who would be willing to share?
Or someone who could help me out with a drawing?
I don't know anything about computer aided deign?
I don't have experience with powder coating myself but I see that no one else has jumped in to advise you so I will take a stab at it.

Perhaps I'm missing something but I see no reason why a full-up drawing would be needed to coat your stators so I figure either the coater just didn't want to do such a small quantity yet exacting job and were putting you off or they felt that you didn't provide enough information to quote the job. I would think most coaters would be satisfied with knowing the metal type, perf size, panel dimensions, number of pieces, your preference for powder type and the coating thickness (or thicknesses if specifying multi-stage coatings) with +/- tolerances specified.

If you haven't already done so, I'm thinking you could study up on the powder coating threads here and decide the exact specifications that you need. I wouldn't be surprised if you have to search around for a while to find a coater willing to do a small job with exacting requirements. I could send you some photos of my panel builds if that would help but I don't have a cad drawing. Good luck with it-- I'm sure you will find a coater if you keep at it.
Old 22nd October 2010, 05:17 AM   #3
markusA is offline markusA  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Ah, I think I must have been a little unclear. My bad...
I have a powder coater, no problem there. What I'm trying to do is wriggle some information out of the paint manufacturer.

I'm trying to understand the inner workings of the coating. Since my budget is limited the build will take some time. In that time I can read up on the "fine-prints".
I just hadn't counted on having to be able to draw... :P

Hide this!Advertise here!