Rebuild Martin Logan CLS panels

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anyone succeed in rebuilding Martin Logan CLS panels? Know anyone who has? The stators are nicely formed and nylon coated but the two-sided tape and edge sealing tape dry out or fail at about 10 years. I am surprised that ML doesn't offer a rebuild service--only replacement for $1575/pair. That price does not include update/rebuild of the interfaces.

Rebuild

Hi Buddy.
if you go then Martin Logan owners forum / club (MartinLogan Club (MLC) - Powered by vBulletin), there is an entire post by someone that shows how you do it.

There are two separate threads by the same member. One shows how to pull apart and the other how to rebuild and put back together.

He has provided excellent instructions, and heaps of photos.

Im sorry but I can remember the title of the thread.

You will have to go there, and do a search / troll. Im sure you will find it.

Regards

George.

Hi J.

I just went to the ML Club forum, and the rebuild post is for an ML sequel. That explains why you probably could not find it. Sorry!!

Anyway, I would not let that put you off, as I am sure that the technique is probably the same, as most ML panels are built the same way.

I would still take a look at it.

I would also recommend in contacting ER Audio in Perth, Western Australia. The owner is a great guy, and offers rebuild kits for many electrostatics, including film, copper tape, conductive coatings etc.

Renovating my Sequel 2 panels...part 1
http://www.martinloganowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7424

Renovating my Sequel 2 panels..Part 2.
Renovating my Sequel 2 panels..Part 2. - MartinLogan Club (MLC)

ER Audio
Electrostatic Loudspeakers By ER Audio

Once again, sorry for the confusion

Regards

George.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.