How hard is it to build PS for ESL speakers - Page 7 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Planars & Exotics

Planars & Exotics ESL's, planars, and alternative technologies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th May 2010, 03:30 AM   #61
diyAudio Member

It is not very hard too build a set of panels at all.as that my little panels work very well with my (as I call it) whimpy amp ,but If your friend is asking for a whole lot of money for them I can understand your point.
You can buld a set just like them for alot less ,including the interface.
I don't mean too step on any one's toes, but this is DIY.
This type of speaker system is most (un godly) acruate that you can get your hands on than any other system.

Yes, magnets are nice and very hard to beat at times.
But for all off the hassel's that come with magnetism , just a thought.
I own a pair of appogee's , and it is not good around the tv ,and knowing how they sound my medium panels just as accurate .

Given that with all of the little problems I have had with my system, Is not to send any ones mind to wonder.

I have done lots of R&D and the scientce is not that hard..
only I am a terrible speller.
A d-d amp could be quite feasible ,but I have found It takes atleast 4Kv p-p to 8kv p-p signal to in order make it worth the while .
I have also found it very hard too bypass the transformer at these sorts of high voltages,
so ,it ,is hard to get around the iron at this piont in time,until,I can get a real amp going,and it won't be ,long .jer

Hide this!Advertise here!