Trannies

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Stators and bias powersupply is in the works, either buy one or make one, Charlie asked me point, if he should build his own. I am still learning so I had no comment, I think from the schematics, fairly easy to make. Any suggestions would be great,. Stators are getting powber coated as soon as they are cut to fit.
next month is my wife and I anniversary, 7 yrs. so buying and buildig might not happen as fast as I want to, especially progress and posting new and old ideas. sorry borat, if I hit a hard note with you. I do appologize.
with that said, a friend of mine has a TERM PRO spl test, I amyself have an Audio Source rta meter.
Wish me luck, two trannies, one bias power supply per planer, a big planer sort of.

ok, look , i am sorry if i made anyone angry here, sorry. I guess I am getting the old hazing for posting things not everyone agrees with. We are all from different countries, states, so obviously our views might be different. sorry if I offended anyone.
on the other hand, my step up trannys just came in this evening, and tested the rhino today to check for thickness and consistacy, perfect. as far as being able to check for resistance, rather got busy at work and did not have the time. I will post perfect as soon as i can, no, i did not spray stators, practiced on a piece of steel with which i drilled small holes in to make sure there were no clogs, both front and back.

็Hi Mavric,

To make an ESL is not that difficult. But to make it sound good and stable is quite difficult. Please take your time to plan everything well.

For me, I think stator insulation is one of the most critical things. I have tried a few methods and I eventually come to settle with powder coating. It is a little bit more expensive, but it's worth every penny.

Wachara C.

Hi Wachara,
I dint know if you read the post about coating the panels with rhino lining, done a test a panel. checked for consistency, 10-12 mills, non metallic. this stuff is so stong, you need an inductor to remove it, you can grind some off if needed, but it was the holes that bothered me.
as i sprayed with a differnt mix chamber, perfect. I forget what we ahve to use to check thickness, but it bounces the distance through the rhino, hits metal and i have a thickness within .1000 mill. Since I do this at work, I found that it would less inexpensive, and be proud that this is something I did. And if all goes well, this might be an allternative to expensive coating, usd cost maybe 20.00 maybe if that nuch, and done in fifteen minutes after machine is prepped. so what do you think, these are my first ever stat build.

10-4, post as soon as I can, honestly, this has to something to think about. the surface is so smooth and shiny, if it ever starts to fade due to UV light, there is a sollution for that as well. still non-conductive.
Charlie, if you read this, thinking of a little larger holes on the panel, not much, a just in case thing as i have to spray both sides and the holes might or maybe not be linear from top to bottom, only by .0125 mill. if that is no gig deal, then some spraying I will do!

yes im sorry, i did bounce around on threads and do appolagize.
Just building my first esl panels and do not want to screw it up. I posted a parsts list and that is where the confusion comes.
long story short, I am married, anniversary on the 14th, valentines day, income tax season, just so many distractions.
when i posted trannys, they were from Newark, step one. Charlie is still giving advice, so next is the unbiased transformer? Charlie and I are custom building them. I do not know tech terms on this project, however, i have a good idea of how it works. I can install remote start on a dang golfcart, but this is a whole new animal. Thank you everyone for helping with advice and perspective. I would love to post pics, for some reason the format is wrong.. I will keep trying, would be nice to post a pic of a rhino lined stator, exciting.
can i borrow some money? just kidding.. thanks everyone! murdered, i mean married 8 yrs on the 14th. Mavric

Hi Marvric,

Do you know that February 14th of this year also happens to be Chinese New Year Day? Billions of people will be celebrating New Year Day and your anniversary at the same time. :)

About trannies, I have also tried a few sets - custom wound, off the shelf and self wound. The custom wound transformers are the best. If not, self winding toroidal transformers are not bad either. I've found this article to be very informative - http://www.google.co.th/url?sa=t&so...hKnFBg&usg=AFQjCNHGedBmhZoqBO_ZUA5uqURlpAIKsQ

I hope it helps.

Wachara C.

you are so fast to respond, yes I know about Chineese, I have a friend, Hong Mei in southern China, very beutiful place as well as Hong Mei.
Charlie suggested to order the coils, wire them backwards to accomodate for 220 vac as we are 110. I am so anxious to spray the stators, mrtgage, anniversary, all at once. drives me crazy. would explain why I go from post to post, just getting info. Sent Charlie some mail, hopefully in the form of metal! so the list goes on, and by the way, thank you for your interest, i am trying something never done before and i have never done this before,
while it lasts, will 20 mill be OK on the stator panels, just in case the gun has a "hick up"? if OK . just waiting on funds and the rest of what I said. Kind regards, Nathan.
something from China ^_^
try that with a US computer. She goes by the name Lucia, in case you wondered

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.