Alu stators, holes/perforation aligned?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I'm planning some ELSs with perforated alu-panels as stators.

Anyone knows if it is important that the holes/perforation in front and back stators must align or not? (In my mind the holes should align..)

The stator plates must be ordered specially with holes aligning for a pair

regards,
Bent

Hi Bent,
I see you've had some viewers but no responses. I'll chime in with a question: How big are the holes in your stators and how much distance will there be between stators?

I think your goal should be to maximize the uniformity of the electric field between the stators. If the stators have large holes, and they're positioned close to each other, the portions of the diaphragm that sit between aligned holes will experience weaker forces than those portions that sit between solid stator material. For that reason I could argue that purposely misaligning the holes might yield the best results, but you'd probably have to have quite large holes, and small stator spacing, for the alignment to matter much.

Of course if you're more worried about the transparency of the stators then aligning might be more important. Even then, though, I'd think that you'd only be able to see through one portion of the panel because your line of sight wouldn't line up with pairs of holes except where your line of site is perpendicular to the plane of the stators.

Few

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.