Anyone making Apogee bass panels ? - Page 8 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Planars & Exotics

Planars & Exotics ESL's, planars, and alternative technologies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th June 2013, 01:55 AM   #71
diyAudio Member

The corrugation give's the ribbon vertical stability, it's under slight tension when installed, and relieved after the side clamps are in place and glued, I also think it give's them more bass freq than a flat ribbon would. jmho Al
Old 16th June 2013, 10:57 AM   #72
diyAudio Member

Why should it have more bass freq?
If tuned the same and have the same volume displacement there the same.
And corrugation give them horizontal stability that's why you can mount them the way you do.
If you have no corrugation it's impossible to mount them like apogee does.

Rob
Old 17th August 2014, 05:10 PM   #73
diyAudio Member

Default Apogee Ribbons by Patrick Wagner

Hello Artm, I just read your post in the diyAudio- thread about repairing Apogee speakers from July 2013. You said, you aren't confident in Patrick Wagners Apogee ribbons, especially the way of corrugating them. Do you have some experience with his MTW-Ribbons? I'm considering to replace the tweeters of my Centaurs with his ribbons, because Graz' offers are too expensive (Customs etc.) for me. Appreciate your answer. Thanks a lot.
Old 17th August 2014, 11:25 PM   #74
artm is offline artm  United States
diyAudio Member

I was referring to the bass panels, I think. His corrugations with the panel at rest were mild (not enough) compared to real Apogee panels.

As you are In Germany, and so is Patrick, I would take a chance and try him. Buy two, install only one. If you like it do the other, if not just return it.

I have always thought Graz's prices were high, so I never bought them. I'm still using my Cal Sigs but I also use other speakers. My Apogees are replaceable, with other manufacturer's models, when the time comes. There are many great speakers that don't require maintenance at high cost like these do.
Old 18th August 2014, 01:10 PM   #75
diyAudio Member

Good ide, thank you - thats what I'm gonna do.
I'll report my experience with the DIS-Tweeters.

Hide this!Advertise here!