sound pads

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi i ordered some sonic impact sound pads the question i have is this- in my sound roomi have limited room for rear speakers. so i thought i would try out the sound pads on a piece of foam core poster board, possibly put them in picture frames on the wall behind the couch the problem is they are limited in the power handeling 6watts rms. so i though i would use 4 per channel. my question is
can i cluster the 4 sound pads close together on one posterboard , i am afraid if i spread them over the board i will cause some wierd cancelations

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
Hi 8cube, check out my thread on this forum : ''PIEZO NXT type panel''.

Yes, you can use four Soundpads on the one sheet without any problems. Just make sure that the boards are about 2 foot square if possible and about 1/4 inch thick max and mount the pads in a row, ''off centre''. In other words, no pad should be at the panel's ''exact centre point''.

If you can let the panel ''float'' on some silicone sealer stuck to the corners underneath only, rather than clamp the panel edges, you will get better sound.

Don't forget your impedence total when wiring multiple drivers.

You will get a noticeable gain in output as expected as well as better power handling.

I would use GATOR-FOAM as it's better than standard foam-cor, but for rear channels it should be fine. Corrugated cardboard is fine also.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.