Need your ideas for ES headphone cabling

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have decided to add grounded aluminum stator shields to my ES headphone element "stack up" for safety reasons. This means means I need eight conductors to service the stereo pair. I am running my dc bias at 550 or 825 VDC with 1:60 step up for the audio signal. Any one have suggestions for obtainable ribbon or jacketed wire that would be mechanically flexible enough while standing off these voltage levels?
...j

One thing I might suggest is instrumentation wire, with a silicone insulation. Its often sold as extra flexible wire etc.

Your difficulty might be in keeping weight down, since higher voltage rated insulation tends to be thicker. With 8 conductors this is likely to add up.

A quick search of mouser, Newark etc. only turns up bulk quantities, e.g. 100 foot reels - not really what you want...

Ed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.