acoustat interface martin logan panel - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Planars & Exotics

Planars & Exotics ESL's, planars, and alternative technologies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st August 2007, 11:58 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default acoustat interface martin logan panel

Hello, I am new to this forum and have a very easy question for everyone, (except for myself). I have a couple of acoustat mb-131 interfaces that I purchased off ebay. I wanted to mate them with some Martin Logan Request Panels that I have stored away. there are 3 wires that come out of the panel (blue, black and red i believe), and 2 binding posts in the interface, (white and blue). Can anyone tell me what colors connect to what? I know its a simple question, but I would hate to burn up a panel just trying to figure it out. Thanks
Old 21st August 2007, 09:54 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default Are you intending these to run fullrange?

If so they will not. Those Acoustat interfaces are ment for a hybrid that has a dynamic bass driver. If you are aware of this then everything is ok. Better to say and make sure. On acoustat panels the three wires are color coded white, blue and red (but it usually looks pink). The white and blue are your stators and the red is your high voltage connection. You can easily see on the circuit board in the Acoustat interface where these wires go as they are normally marked with stick on colored dots (white & blue) whike the HT connects via a small pin connector (female on the board). It has been some time since I wired up a Martin Logan. You should be able to carefully peel back the insulating tape (at the bottom corner) to see which wires are which on the Logan panels. As long as you wire the two panels the same (referring to stator polarity) it won't make a difference. You can then listen and switch polarity of your speaker connections to determine which way sounds best. Then if the best sounding way has the speaker terminal connections in reverse just switch the internal connections around inside both units. That should get you there.
Old 22nd August 2007, 10:20 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

excellent information. Appreciate it very much.
Old 23rd August 2007, 04:42 AM   #4
niteowl is offline niteowl  Canada
diyAudio Member

Hi

On the martin logan panels Blue is front stator, black is rear and red is high voltage.

Martin

Hide this!Advertise here!