Film Speakers? (Plasma) - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Planars & Exotics

Planars & Exotics ESL's, planars, and alternative technologies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th August 2007, 03:17 AM   #1
Ramandi is offline Ramandi  Mexico
diyAudio Member

Question Film Speakers? (Plasma)

Has anyone heard of these? I did a search on the forum and could not find a thread so I am asking here.

I have purchase several sets (they are very cheap) and I am far from convinced by this new technology.

But I am not quite ready to give on this entirely, now comes the experimental phase where I would like to see if they can achieve a state of audibility, or I could just use them as transparencies for overhead projectors.....

Any and all feedback is welcome, I bought them and now I would like to do something with them.
Old 18th August 2007, 11:27 PM   #2
expert in tautology
diyAudio Member

not sure what you are talking about??

since you did not reference a website or provide a description or jpeg, no idea.

_-_-
Old 21st August 2007, 05:02 PM   #3
Ramandi is offline Ramandi  Mexico
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bear
not sure what you are talking about??

since you did not reference a website or provide a description or jpeg, no idea.

_-_-

I apologize, I guess I wasn't very explcite, these speakers are film speakers, and the idea is similar to electrostatics, since posting this I realized that the units I recieved were lacking transformers, which I have since implemented and they worked.

Definitely not the greatest sound, but I can now see using these in certain custom applications, from conference rooms to perhaps cafes, places that do not require audiophile level quality (and couldn't really achieve it economically).

I will take some photos this weekend and post them so that you can at least see what I am talking about, but just imagine a transparent plastic sheet (like the ones used for overhead projectors that you can write on) and that is essentially what these look like placed in a frame.

Thank you for responding, I will continue to experiment with these to see just how far we can get with the sound quality.

Hide this!Advertise here!