DBX driverack pa as a x-over for ML M-III's - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Planars & Exotics

Planars & Exotics ESL's, planars, and alternative technologies

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th May 2007, 01:20 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default DBX driverack pa as a x-over for ML M-III's

I have been using the drivetrack as a crossover for over a year now and cannot recommend it more for Martin Logan III owners. Getting the passives out of the way really opens up the bass. I have been through many tweaks on the Logans in this order --have replaced bass drivers (small improvement), got a new bass amp for driving the bass passively through the speaker x-overs (bigger improvement), then bought a driverack for just the bass (wammo this was it). But then I tried actively crossing over my big tube amps for the panels (another step up), then I tried crossing over at 250 hz (versus stock 125), another big step up. Some where in there I applied Greorgehifi's notch circuit on the bass drivers (it's still in).

This is the way to go for ML III owners IMO. But question : has anyone modded the dbx? I see a lot of Behringer 2496 mod projects but nothing for the pa. Appreciate any ideas.

Hide this!Advertise here!