Line Array question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This isn't a complete response, but I'd recommend using only one tweeter per speaker if the choices are four tweeters or fewer. You'd need far more than four tweeters---with very small flanges so they can be closely spaced---to make an effective line source for the highest frequencies. A truncated array of tweeters of 2, 3, or 4 tweeters is likely to cause more trouble than its worth.

Few

I'm bumping this up.

I have rolled design of narrow 2-way line source in my mind. Or is it tall 2-way speaker which eliminates room, or is it true line source? :spin:

* Cabinet size about 16-17 cm W, 30-34 cm D and 180 cm H. So there is no room for large woofers or wide tweeter line next to midrange line. Maybe you can put couple of tweeters between 4th and 5th mids but otherwise you don't want to break midrange line to much.

Thoughts:
* 8 stacked 5,25" woofers crossed off about 2200-3000 Hz, depending C-C ratio and quality of selected tweeter.
* tweeter at listening area between 4th and 5th mid. Maybe just one 1"-1,25" dome. You don't have cancellation at highest frequenices when using one tweeter.
* should one woofer and maybe another tweeter be put in back side of speaker as bipole? More spacious sound, less true directivity, more easy to listen?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.