Plasmatweeter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
plasma-1.JPG

Plasma view2.JPG
I still find the way to re-light itself.

In my ionofone operating anode voltage of 600V is included after the heating filament lamps, but the plasma still does not light itself, which generating the lamp you are using and what the voltage on the second grid, if you do not complicate the scheme to send vogor@yandex.ru

Hi, Vogor:
My circut is standard without any improvment. The tube is PL519, most famours one. Ug2 70 - 80V will be enogh, otherwise may be distroy the tube.
The feedback loop is impotent, need to adjust finely.
Good luky.

Okk

Hill Plasma

What does this have to do with anything?
You can contact me through forum PM.

I've been with contact with an owner and he said it does not hiss (though his is modified). But not to take his word, in the prototype I built, there is no hiss either--and I'm even using much higher power levels.
Corona discharges are noisy. Arcs are noisy. Glow discharges are not. Maybe the version you heard had a noisy regulator on the helium tank or whatever, but if the discharge is making noise, that means something's wrong with the supply and/or amplifier.

Did you read even one of my posts here? I've pointed out repeatedly that it is not necessary.

How you can confuse "electrodes" with "catalysts" is beyond me. And it's platinum-plated, not platinum.

The Hill Plasma does make a very low hissing sound but not objectionable.
IMG_0455.JPG

IMG_0453.jpg

Can someone explain to me in a laymans terms why most Plasma designs use a vacuum tube instead of solid state? Is it just easier to ramp up the voltage needed?

Hi:
Could make feeling of sound different easy change by replace tube.

In Taiwan had an expert take 3 years to diy two type plasma tweeter (Semi-conductor by pwm & all Tube design ) to benchmark for sound feeling .
The result is design usage all tube solution got better performace.

Another reason the system need handle high voltage for Plasma radiation and The RF tube easy to handl this issue and no need tranformer to booster high voltage (transformer usually need specific design).

The circuit is simple and more easy DIY.

This is audio gear fans view point.

ASter
Mr211's Blog - Yahoo!?????

Can someone explain to me in a laymans terms why most Plasma designs use a vacuum tube instead of solid state? Is it just easier to ramp up the voltage needed?

One reason is it is DIY and you do not know if it will work until it works. You have time to see that a vacuum tube circuit is not working and turn it off. Got myself a box of NOS 29KQ6/PL521 tubes for $1 each and waiting for it to get warm enough to open the windows so I can start working on one.

The answer is simple: high voltage

Solid state devices will die a fast death when the maximum voltage rating is exceeded, whereas tubes have quite a bit of leeway both in current and voltage.

Otoh one could do it in solid state with some care and experimentation...

_-_-bear

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.