binding posts directly on neo8

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Since I'm experimenting with some neo8's in different configurations I was wondering if I there was a binding post I could attach directly to the planars. (seems better than soldering to a wire to a banana) I've seen some subs with the feature, just don't know if PE sells something that would work.

Attachments

• img_0922.jpg
    img_0922.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 191
It's going to be hard to make a good mechanical fastening to hold a binding post there, that won't stress fracture the terminal. And you can't simply mount it into most solid adhesives, because while outgassing the solvents could damage the adhesives in the planar.

Easy-on terminals are the order of the day, crimpable, cheap. Bring the planar to radioshack and get the right ones from the connector bin, for temporary use, you can crimp them with linesman's or other heavy duty pliers (or preferably, a crimping tool proper)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.