MMG Crossovers - Anyone done this yet?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2005
Paid Member
I have seen many re-designs of MMG Crossovers and would like to know if anyone has done what I am thinking...

I want to run the Woofer panels straightup - fullrange - and just put a 20uf Cap on the tweeter for high pass at around 1600 Hz cut. These will be biamped too. There should be a peak at the overlapping frequencies of teh woofer and tweeter panels.....

As a test, I plan on putting the 20uF cap in series on the woofer panel alone to see how loud the woofer panel is capable of over playing above 1600 Hz...if loud, then I can raise the crossover to 1800Hz or 2000 Hz with a different Cap until the overlap sums correctly...

I measured the resistance of the woofer panels and tweeter panels come to about 5 ohms each. I know that impedance and electrical resistance are not the same (DC Resistance, AC Impedance), but from what I have measured on other speakers, the speaker electrical resistance is very near the nominal rated impedance.

I am a beleiver that less is more, and have experimented with many speakers running the wooofer full arnge and just putting a cap on the tweeter. I like the sound much better...some may not...

Any thoughts?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.