Replacement parts price increase at Stage Accompany

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
FYI,

I use a couple of SA8525 for tweeters in my 2-way system.
They were bought second hand a couple of years ago. I´ve been thinking of replacing the membranes since owning them because they look different.
They measured ok enough so I couldn´t really be bothered as the price of a new membrane was 180 euro excl. VAT.

A couple of months ago I happened to look at the SA pricelist and much to my dismay they upped the price to about 320,- ex. VAT per membrane.
In an email SA replied that the membranes have been too cheap all along and that they have been developed further in the last years.
They were not able to explain exactly what improvements have been made (or at least have not answered my question about the improvements).

To cut a long story short, I was able to buy 2 membranes at the original (180) price and would advice anyone who is thinking about buying this kind of product from SA to do so now or find an alternative.

Cheers,
Johan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.