Diy Ribbon Tweeter For ESL PANNEL.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi. In the monent i work a ESL Hybrides... I live in Chile, the electronics stores, have a low quanty of special and advances products. For ex. special condencers, coil, toroidal transformer the low power.....

In the moment restriged my project, for impossible buy a tororidal transformer (not have stores)... I work my project with a tradicional transformer... The tradicional transformer, out 10Khz to 20Khz gradual... 90 to 70dB SPL... My news pannel limit bandwidth... (220 to 10Khz efective respose ESL Pannel) in a theory... I not real test.

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/7690/eselsombetzkitoroidvergleich9u.jpg

For compentation i thought a work a "RIBBON TWEETER"... RiBBON have a exellent responce in a high frecuences and clarity hi definition sound, similar a ESL)...

Attachments

• hybride vs copy.gif
    hybride vs copy.gif
    77.5 KB · Views: 493
Hi PMS,

with access to the internet, You shouldn´t have problems to find a company selling You some toroids for Your panels.
Adding a ribbon to an ESL means just to give up on some very useful features of an ESL, like best step-response, highly linear acoustical phase response, resolution of detail, extremely low distortion and so on and so on. Too, the ribbon will probabely cost You more money than a good set of toroids.

jauu
Calvin

- The problem Clavin, is a i have 18 years ago, and not have credit card for buy via internet !!!

- The cost of transport the USA to CHILE is very high... I student

Help Calvin please...

My e- mail pmscompany@gmail.com Is possible u buy a toroides, and, i send the money via WESTERN UNION... ?????

- SALUDOS

Calvin said:
Hi PMS,

with access to the internet, You shouldn´t have problems to find a company selling You some toroids for Your panels.
Adding a ribbon to an ESL means just to give up on some very useful features of an ESL, like best step-response, highly linear acoustical phase response, resolution of detail, extremely low distortion and so on and so on. Too, the ribbon will probabely cost You more money than a good set of toroids.

jauu
Calvin

Re: help

I prefer a standart Toroidal, identical a u setup (230-6v 50va). In Europe what is the cost for 4 toroides ????

- Saludos

Calvin said:
Hi PMS,

we might do that, but I would like to ask You to have a look at Capaciti´s site and contact him. http://www.capaciti-diy.com/
As I understand he sells his toroidal trannies not just as part of a complete DIY-electrostat-set but as a single part too. This might be just the right thing for You. ;)

jauu
Calvin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.