Horns + dynamic driver hybrid?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all! New here,

I am so inspired by the DIYers in this forums that I think(and hope) that I could do this.

I have a pair of Image Dynamics CD1-E horn speaker(4ohms) and a pair of Scanspeak 5535(5ohms) 7" mids. I am thinking of building a hybrid out of these.

My biggest problem would be making a passive to fit. Can anyone here help me with a passive diagram.

Also interms of efficiency rating, the ID is higher than the Scans by almost 9dB. Can the passive x-over compensate for that without too much compromise on sound quality?

If it's to difficult, I have another pair of drivers in hand, a pair of Macrom UNS 6"(4ohms) mids with a sensitivity rating of 91dB. That will bring down the disparity to only 5dB, but still quite far away from ideal.

BTW the horns will be external mounted on top and the mid drivers will be boxed.

Your thoughts and help on this project would be appreciated.

Thanks for looking.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.