Ribbon Super Tweeter.. Visaton, Fostex, Aurum Cantus etc?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All

I have been playing with an old pair of Foster Leaf Ribbon tweeters as super tweeters on top of my Audio Physic Steps and have enjoyed the results tremendously.

I am now keen on spending some real money on a set of ribbon tweeters to do this super thing but what do I go for.
Does anyone have any comparative experience between the visaton MH12, fostex FT7R and aurum cantus tweeters?

Regards
Guillaume

Thanks, I have read about the basszilla with the Aurum tweeters... The big thing is no discussion was gone into why exactly the aurums and not any of the other ribbons that appear to be fine examples.... Nor any comparisons or alternatives were tried it seems, if they were nothing was written in D.O.s write up...

I am still lost....

Probably Olsher chose Aurum Cactus for their low price (79$ from e-speakers) and wide frequency range. I believe you can trust Olsher and staff of enjoythemusic. Three months ago, I carried out the DIY pure silver interconnect cables (Kimber cable model) of Steve Rochlin and I was extremely satisfied with the result; in fact, I have compared them with high prices interconnect cables (Nordost Red Dawn, Straight Wire) and I didn’t note any difference. But the cost of these DIY cable is nearly 70 euro against 500-600 euro of the others. I have already the Magneplanar 3.3/R and I don’t have enough space for another couple of high loudspeakers (183 cm); for this reason, I’m planning to build a two way speakers with Eminence and Aurum Cantus, if possible. Otherwise, I’ll use a horn tweeter (Beyma, Eighteen Sound, RCF, Monacor or B&C). The problem with Olsher is that he doesn’t reply to your email as soon as possible.
My Best Regards and Happy New Year
Leandro

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.