Making a highly efficent ESL for play from 1khz-25khz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
bear said:
Yeah, the Lamda line was nice.

I'd still be wary of using a 15" higher than ~300 Hz. myself.

I'd suggest you do some tests on the driver's response anyhow.

My experience with "phase plugs" on drivers is that they have some benefits and some deficits. As things now stand, my view is that the deficits outweight the benefits, especially the higher up in freq they are intended to be useful.

Ymmv.

_-_-bear :Pawprint:

thy has done extensive tests with his apollo lambda and they play great to 2khz from what he says... he's even played them full range...

he said 1khz is a cake walk

Joseph Mehaut!

Smoking Baby! (funny film) (better than any "shark head stuff") . The diaphragm would be glued down all around. Only one edge would have a stator not glued down but they ought to be pretty stable. Sorry my friends made me drink all afternoon people from Norway (Norge) drink funny shooters and sing funny songs every time they shoot a shot. Good people, Oh so sing a ding a sving a ding a dong HeySkoll! (sounds like that when you are drunk) They talk about the "Sons of Norway" (but there are daughters too) Ya. Hi de bra! Regards Moray James.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.