Seeking source for metalized film

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone know a cheap source for smallish quantities of thin, metallized, film? I have a non-audio project in mind for it and figured someone here may have run into something. I'd like to get some of the foil balloon stuff if there is anywhere to get the raw film...

I don't want thin strips- I want 1m or more width by length measured in meters.

Thanks,

I_F

Neptape

Have you seen Neptco webpages?

http://www.neptco.com/website/neptc...39df94caf5c1b40785256903006c9bda?OpenDocument

I found Neptape 1001 which has 12um polyester film and 9um aluminum foil.

I am building prototypes of ribbons and found this might be quite an interesting solution. You can order it what ever width you want and don´t have to worry about cutting it exactly straight by yourself. I thouht to etch few lines out of the foil and connect them in series in order to get good load for amplifier.

Because the material is not expensive but transportation costs etc are I ordered 3/4" = ~2cm wide and 50 meter long reel which costed me about 100 euros with all additional costs. Hopefully I never need to order more even if am going to do several prototypes and propably need to replace membranes sooner or later.

accidental deleat

I-Forgot: sorry but when I was opening your mail I deleared it by accident. Please remail me and I will send you some of the film that I have. I picked up a number of different films and since I have no real use for them I will send you an assortment of what I have. Some are heavier some are lighter and all are metalized. You might also have a look at the theatrical supply houses as these types of films are used for stage props etc.. Sorry for the mistake. Regards Moray James.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.