Final 0.4 hybrid ESL electrostatic speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

On the subject of final hybrid electrostatic speakers, the dutch company also made the final 0.4 which i think were the next model up from the final 0.3s and cost about 7000 dollars, but i don't know much about them, i have been searching on the web for more info but i have not found much about the 0.4s somebody must know more about these speakers, especially if you own them, what advantages do they have over the final 0.3s that i own, i have found a picture of them on the net. if they are better than the 0.3s then they just mite be a good buy if you can find them second hand

Thanks Trevor.

Here is a picture of the final 0.4. the ones in the middle

Sorry not any additional info from me but just a better close up of the 0.4...:)

Attachments

• 04.gif
    04.gif
    38.8 KB · Views: 573
affordablehifi said:
Hi,

On the subject of final hybrid electrostatic speakers, the dutch company also made the final 0.4 which i think were the next model up from the final 0.3s and cost about 7000 dollars, but i don't know much about them, i have been searching on the web for more info but i have not found much about the 0.4s somebody must know more about these speakers, especially if you own them, what advantages do they have over the final 0.3s that i own, i have found a picture of them on the net. if they are better than the 0.3s then they just mite be a good buy if you can find them second hand

Thanks Trevor.

Here is a picture of the final 0.4. the ones in the middle

Hi Trevor,

I'm sorry to tell you this, but the final 0.4 are not better than the 0.3
The 0.4 has a chaep coating which will stop working in a few years. So if you see a 0.4 with a hasy (not totaal transparant) coating, don't buy them or, be prepaird to replace the foils.

Just my 2 cents.

Audiofanatic ;)

Well,
if the coating is replaced and modded like in the other thread, they outperform a MartinLogan SL2 easy.
I don't own them but heard it at a friend.
BTW, ML also suffers from bad coating. Most models will degrade over the years. Which eventually can be fixed by a recoat.

The Final 0.4 are very good performers but need a good amp to drive them, like most ESLs. The placement in the room is also critical for the subwoofers due to the placement in the baseframe.

Dick

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.