Acoustat China Electrostats new

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
One month ago TELE GR started imporing the Acoustat Electrostats that is now based in China! They say that are teh continuers of the old Acoustats:

Here Are the two sites:

http://www.tele.gr/html/355.HTM
http://www.acoustat.com.cn/

Their biggest model Z-22 costs 3000Euro...
They also sell a pre-amp/amp costing together 4000 Euro....

Has anyone heard them, or have any other info?

Mike

Attachments

• 3882.jpg
    3882.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 971
Acoustat Z-22

Today I gave them a good listen using some Mile Davis and McLain discs... They were really good, with deep soundstage and very little struggle with very complex music materials. The midrange was very detailed and the bass had very good inpact. On the other hand the high frequencies were a bit rolled of, some kind of darkness in that region, resulting in a relaxing loudspeaker. It seems to use a thicker membrane 12-21micron resulting in a bit mellow reproduction being not with the very best in music analysis. It has a 10" paper woofer that matched very well with the membrane. The Impedance doesn't go below 4 Ohms and the SPL max is about 106 for the pair...
The special price for the Acoustat Z-22 was 2200 Euro/pair, really excellent fall in price! If you have a dealer near you give them a listen! The system almost was in the same league with the Martin Logan Aeons with NAD S100/S200 and Maestro CD-player (from Italy) but in the half price!

System Auditioned:
Loudspeakers: Acoustat Z-22
Amp: CAV A-10 (Chinese made too) (1400 Euro) 2x200w@4Ohm
CD-player: Thule Spirit DVA-100 or DVA-150

It seems that the ESL III and 2x Isobaric sub kits from Rob Mackinlay will provide even better results (deeper bass, better detail in the midrange, excellent soundstaging, and really better highs) but with many hours of work to complete the kits.

phn said:

Welcome to the racket known as "high-end audio."

Since it's Chinese it has to be crooked. Prejudiced, no?

No prejudice about the quality of the product itself, Chinese production quality can range from abysmally low to extremely good, as it happens in every other Country of the world.
The con job is about, IMHO, the brand name, and I still believe it.
Anyway, not much of a problem, if they sound good.

Cheers,

Bruno

This isn't the place for this kind of debate. I'm just tired about the general anti-Asia sentiments. It's because of that we have cheaply made belt-driven turntables instead of direct-driven ones. At least belt-drives are democratic. That I like. Anyone can make a belt-driven turntable.

phn,

what' s your problem?
I did not express any anti-Asia sentiment, I just said that this "Acoustat" thing is, IMHO, an improper use of a brand name. I would express the same opinion even if it wasn' t coming from China.

As for the belt-drive vs. direct drive debate, the first ones are, in my taste, always superior to the second ones.

Anyway, my last post on this topic...

Cheers,

Bruno

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Instead of bickering amongst ourselves, why don't we take solace in their wise and soothing words?

Reflecting gorgeous each other, and stressing individual!
You will probably be intoxicated by the sweet and unruly music note. No need to be punctilious when you listen to music. As soon as you need it, then you may own it in any time any place.

Sounds like they're serious, until you look up what "punctilious" means: 1.Strictly attentive to minute details of form in action or conduct. 2. Precise; scrupulous.
Give them a couple of years, though...

Two key points, no three:

- anyone can "borrow" a name like Acoustat
(if the Italian company that bought it still exists they could sue in World Court, I think...)

- Open the interface area and see what is there - is it an Acoustat type interface?

- look at the construction of the cells, is it generic ESL or is it Acoustat style?

And, no matter what, an ESL is an ESL... if it is done well, all the better.

_-_-bear :Pawprint:

One month ago TELE GR started imporing the Acoustat Electrostats that is now based in China! They say that are teh continuers of the old Acoustats:

Here Are the two sites:

http://www.tele.gr/html/355.HTM
http://www.acoustat.com.cn/

Their biggest model Z-22 costs 3000Euro...
They also sell a pre-amp/amp costing together 4000 Euro....

Has anyone heard them, or have any other info?

Mike

Hi Mike the biggest model is not the z-22 here is the flagship of the company and very very expensive it is the model Z-1

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I thought that was surprising also..

I still have my II+II's...wish I never sold the III's...with the tube amps

rt

My Acoustat's 1+1s

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

My friends Spectra 6600s

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.