Ribbon Tweet mounting Depth

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there,

I've come accross a situation that calls for an absolute minimum in mounting depth. I'd really like to use a Ribbon, but most of the ones I've been looking at have at least a 3" mounting depth. Namely the Raven R1 and AC G2si, both have the transformer mounted directly on the back of the driver.

My first question is: Is there a way to unmount the transformer from the casing and allow it to be mounted away from it, on the tweets that have this feature. Still very close to the casing, but just not right behind it. If I were to choose the Raven, would I be able simply to unscrew or detach the transformer easily?

Second Question: Are there any other options for ultra shallow depth ribbon tweets out there. I'm only looking for 5-6k on up.

Thanks in advance
-Steve

CV

Joined 2002
Paid Member
no prob

...with the aurum cantus - you can just unbolt the transformer. It's basically an aluminium rod with the magnetics potted over it, the ends of the rod bolt to the tweeter plates and form the connections. Be sure to use very low impedance wiring...
cheers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.