Roger Sanders no longer at innersound

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,

I thought that you may want to know that things have changed at innersound.

As you know, Roger was innersound's original founder and designer, and did the engineering for original line of products (Eros and Isis) as well as the new line of product offerings (Kaya and Kachina). However, in order to maintain his integrity, he no longer works at innersound.

:att'n: He has not been involved with innersound’s products or day to day operations since July 2004.

I am not sure if they have an electrostatic speaker engineer on staff yet.

If anyone is trying to get in touch with him, they can do so at the following email address:

Sanderssoundsystems@wispertel.net

Just thought that you'd like to know.

Cheers,
Angela

:checked: The only "investors" were Roger and his partner.

:checked: Roger's partner controlled the money and all aspects of the company.

Basically, it all boiled down to Irreconcilable Differences . :headbash:

:whazzat: I don’t want to speak for him, so you are more than welcome to write him to get the rest of the story.

Angela

Innersound's $20,000 Kaya speaker was in Dec/04 issue of Stereophile. Reviewer reported that reversing the polarity sound better. What is that all about? Manuf wired them wrong?

It looks like .... when the company is just about to take off big time, it's going to be eaten up by Martin Logan speakers. Too bad.

Hi,

Yeah, I read the same review and some of the results seemed odd to me as well.

I can only state what I know to be fact and all I can say is that the speakers were built and tested before Roger left without issue. It has been almost 1/2 year since he left, so I have no idea what the current process is for the design and manufacture of innersound products or if they have a electrostatic speaker engineer on staff overseeing it.

I would suggest that you ask innersound directly about the review and the technical results.

cheers,
Angela

Sanders.

Reading the letter from Mr. Sanders, I'm reminded of something that bothered me a great deal years ago, and bothers me still.

I was a subscriber to The Audio Amature when his article came out, and in fact, still have the back issues.

In that article, Mr. Sanders aknowledged that he had been introduced to the idea of building a pair of electrostatic speakers by a previous article, written by David Hermeyer in 1972.

He also aknowledges that Hermeyer personally helped him with his project, as Hermeyer was currenty in the process of designing a more efficient pair himself, with a direct driven tube amplifier which he presented in two 1977 issues.

Reading Mr. Sanders article, it's clear that Mr. Hermeyer not only helped him, but in essence, taught him everything he knew.

Yet in Mr. Sander's articles, he criticizes Hermeyer's original design time and time again, and even attempts to take credit for the modifications that Hermeyer actually suggested to Sanders.

Having spoken to both men, and read their work, It's clear to me who "wrote the book" on DIY electrostatic speakers, And I think it's high time he get the credit that Mr. Sanders seems to enjoy.

BTW.

Mr Hermeyer sent me photos some time back of a pair which he helped a young lady build for a science project.

How cool is that!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.