Electrostatics that rock?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok,

I doubt strongly that anyone will mistake the sound of a great horn system with a great ESL. I have both.

Here's why:

- It depends on the size of your room!

The large ESL panel in essence simulates a large window on a wavefront that has already expanded from some distance away!

The horn's wavefronts are different nearfield.

This is why in part that it sounds subjectively different than a dynamic speaker placed in the same position.

As your room gets larger - to the point where it is sort of barn sized (really) - the audible differences between a horn and ESL or dynamic speaker (assuming they are all equally capable of similar output levels and distortion levels - or you keep them in range) are greatly reduced; since ur likely to be listening from a greater distance and the effects of the room reflections are delayed in time to the point, where they play less of a role in the subjective perception.

At least this is my experience... and something to ponder

_-_-bear :Pawprint:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.